Email UpdatesSign up to receive our blog via email.
- Steps Forward in the Fight Against GMOs
- Planning and Planting for an Abundant Fall and Winter Harvest
- Fermenting Vegetables
- Starting Tomatoes from Seed
- Tomato Successions: why to sow multiple tomato crops
- The Greenhorns’ Cooperative Farming guide released!
- Seeking input: what are your top five heirloom tomatoes?
- Garden Watchdog ranks Southern Exposure TOP 5 for Heirloom Seeds AND Vegetable Seeds
- How to Sprout Sweet Potatoes for Slips — Green Shoots for Planting
- Growing Seeds for Southern Exposure
- USDA taking comments on agricultural coexistance
- Fight Downy Mildew in your Vegetable Garden: Pick the Right Varieties
- We’re hosting a Garden Planning Workshop
- Pre-Sprouting Seeds: Sow with Confidence
- Supreme Court Denies Family Farmers the Right to Self-Defense from Monsanto Abuse
Category Archives: The Seed Building
The structural core of the new SESE headquarters is a timber framed skeleton. Timber framing is the traditional method for building in wood, only being replaced by modern stick framing in the early 1800′s when the development of industry made … Continue reading
When I first joined the team designing our new office, there was so much to do that I had no idea where to start. Being a literal sort of person, I decided to start from the ground up: the foundation. … Continue reading