Email UpdatesSign up to receive our blog via email.
- Tomato Successions: why to sow multiple tomato crops
- The Greenhorns’ Cooperative Farming guide released!
- Seeking input: what are your top five heirloom tomatoes?
- Garden Watchdog ranks Southern Exposure TOP 5 for Heirloom Seeds AND Vegetable Seeds
- How to Sprout Sweet Potatoes for Slips — Green Shoots for Planting
- Growing Seeds for Southern Exposure
- USDA taking comments on agricultural coexistance
- Fight Downy Mildew in your Vegetable Garden: Pick the Right Varieties
- We’re hosting a Garden Planning Workshop
- Pre-Sprouting Seeds: Sow with Confidence
- Supreme Court Denies Family Farmers the Right to Self-Defense from Monsanto Abuse
- We’ve moved! (300 feet)
- Fermented green tomato “olives”
- Young Farmer Mixer
Category Archives: Uncategorized
We sow tomato transplants twice here on our farm in central Virginia: once in March, for our earliest crops, and again in mid-April, for a second tomato crop that will start producing in August. Although many heirlooms will produce continuously … Continue reading
The Greenhorns, an organization of young farmers dedicated to helping other young farmers getting into sustainable agriculture, has just published their thorough and interesting guide to getting started with cooperative and collective farming. You can download it from them here … Continue reading
We’re thrilled that the Garden Watchdog directory is listing Southern Exposure as a top 5 Heirloom Seed Source AND Vegetable Seed Source for 2013. Thanks for all the great feedback! Bookmark It Hide Sites