Email UpdatesSign up to receive our blog via email.
- National Heirloom Expo
- Kids enjoying veggies
- Winter Squash as Summer Squash
- 10 tips for Attracting Bees and other Pollinators and Harvesting Great Cucumbers, Squash and Melons
- Steps Forward in the Fight Against GMOs
- Planning and Planting for an Abundant Fall and Winter Harvest
- Fermenting Vegetables
- Starting Tomatoes from Seed
- Tomato Successions: why to sow multiple tomato crops
- The Greenhorns’ Cooperative Farming guide released!
- Seeking input: what are your top five heirloom tomatoes?
- Garden Watchdog ranks Southern Exposure TOP 5 for Heirloom Seeds AND Vegetable Seeds
- How to Sprout Sweet Potatoes for Slips — Green Shoots for Planting
- Growing Seeds for Southern Exposure
- USDA taking comments on agricultural coexistance
Tag Archives: disease resistance
Left: Edisto 47 muskmelon, Right: Suyo Long Cucumber. Both varieties produced abundant, excellent quality fruits, even with severe downy mildew pressure. The first defense against plant diseases is to choose resistant varieties: rather than waging war with biological or chemical … Continue reading