The Greenhorns, an organization of young farmers dedicated to helping other young farmers getting into sustainable agriculture, has just published their thorough and interesting guide to getting started with cooperative and collective farming. You can download it from them here (Cooperative Farming) or you can find it, along with a bunch of other useful resources, in our Links section.
Email UpdatesSign up to receive our blog via email.
- Steps Forward in the Fight Against GMOs
- Planning and Planting for an Abundant Fall and Winter Harvest
- Fermenting Vegetables
- Starting Tomatoes from Seed
- Tomato Successions: why to sow multiple tomato crops
- The Greenhorns’ Cooperative Farming guide released!
- Seeking input: what are your top five heirloom tomatoes?
- Garden Watchdog ranks Southern Exposure TOP 5 for Heirloom Seeds AND Vegetable Seeds
- How to Sprout Sweet Potatoes for Slips — Green Shoots for Planting
- Growing Seeds for Southern Exposure
- USDA taking comments on agricultural coexistance
- Fight Downy Mildew in your Vegetable Garden: Pick the Right Varieties
- We’re hosting a Garden Planning Workshop
- Pre-Sprouting Seeds: Sow with Confidence
- Supreme Court Denies Family Farmers the Right to Self-Defense from Monsanto Abuse