The Greenhorns, an organization of young farmers dedicated to helping other young farmers getting into sustainable agriculture, has just published their thorough and interesting guide to getting started with cooperative and collective farming. You can download it from them here (Cooperative Farming) or you can find it, along with a bunch of other useful resources, in our Links section.
Email UpdatesSign up to receive our blog via email.
- Breeding Peppers and Tomatoes
- Sustainable Agriculture Research Stations
- Seed Growers Large and Small
- Summer Sowings: Continuous Harvests all Summer and into Fall
- Garlic and Perennial (Multiplier) Onions: Harvest and Curing
- SESE co-manager presenting at the Mother Earth News Fair in Albany, OR
- What to do when your greens bolt
- Five reasons I love Anise-Hyssop.
- Seedlings being born
- A Heat-Tolerant Leafy Green Vegetable Disguised as a Flower
- Garden Huckleberries: a Fabulous Fruit for Jam
- Growing Rhubarb from Seed
- Planning Crop Rotation by Plant Family
- Black-Eyed Peas, Greens and Cornbread for New Years’ Good Luck
- Tomato Tastings and Epic Tomatoes: How to Select & Grow the Best Varieties of All Time