Email UpdatesSign up to receive our blog via email.
- Kids enjoying veggies
- Winter Squash as Summer Squash
- 10 tips for Attracting Bees and other Pollinators and Harvesting Great Cucumbers, Squash and Melons
- Steps Forward in the Fight Against GMOs
- Planning and Planting for an Abundant Fall and Winter Harvest
- Fermenting Vegetables
- Starting Tomatoes from Seed
- Tomato Successions: why to sow multiple tomato crops
- The Greenhorns’ Cooperative Farming guide released!
- Seeking input: what are your top five heirloom tomatoes?
- Garden Watchdog ranks Southern Exposure TOP 5 for Heirloom Seeds AND Vegetable Seeds
- How to Sprout Sweet Potatoes for Slips — Green Shoots for Planting
- Growing Seeds for Southern Exposure
- USDA taking comments on agricultural coexistance
- Fight Downy Mildew in your Vegetable Garden: Pick the Right Varieties
Category Archives: Uncategorized
May was a great month in the battle for freedom from GMOs. Vermont is on track to be the first state to require GMO labeling! The law was signed on May 8th by Governer Shumlin, and takes effect July 1st, … Continue reading
Lacto-fermentation is one of the safest methods of food preservation. You don’t need a starter culture. It requires no electricity, though once created lacto-fermented products are best refrigerated. When you have a surplus of a particular vegetable from your garden, … Continue reading