Email UpdatesSign up to receive our blog via email.
- Growing Great Garlic by Ron Engeland – Book Review
- National Heirloom Expo
- Kids enjoying veggies
- Winter Squash as Summer Squash
- 10 tips for Attracting Bees and other Pollinators and Harvesting Great Cucumbers, Squash and Melons
- Steps Forward in the Fight Against GMOs
- Planning and Planting for an Abundant Fall and Winter Harvest
- Fermenting Vegetables
- Starting Tomatoes from Seed
- Tomato Successions: why to sow multiple tomato crops
- The Greenhorns’ Cooperative Farming guide released!
- Seeking input: what are your top five heirloom tomatoes?
- Garden Watchdog ranks Southern Exposure TOP 5 for Heirloom Seeds AND Vegetable Seeds
- How to Sprout Sweet Potatoes for Slips — Green Shoots for Planting
- Growing Seeds for Southern Exposure
Category Archives: Announcements
The authors of the new book Chasing Chiles: Hot Spots Along the Pepper Trail singled us out as a force working for the preservation of heirloom chiles in a recent interview on grist.org – Hot stuff: chile peppers, climate change, … Continue reading
Just a quick note to let our local readers know that our friends at C’ville Foodscapes, a worker owned cooperative that designs and installs food gardens in the Charlottesville area, are accepting applications for their 2011 Garden Grants program. The … Continue reading
OSGATA President Jim Gerritsen released this statement, March 29th, 2011, the day Southern Exposure joined 60 other plaintiffs in filing suit against the Monsanto Company: Today is Independence Day for America. Today we are seeking protection from the Court and … Continue reading